Kids Winter Camp!
Updated: Nov 24
Winter is coming! We are all very excited to be putting on some amazing classes for the children. We will have a wide range of classes including Phonics, Speaking, Writing and Grammar, STEM to Cooking and much more! Let's kick of this festive season with Happy Lemon Tutors Christmas experience. Come and learn with our amazing Native English and Mandarin Teachers!
What will be be learning?
Fun Winter Camp for Young Learners - Happy Lemon Tutors
Course Objective: To provide a fun and engaging learning experience for young learners through various language activities focusing on phonics, interactive storytime, music and singing, play-based learning, show and tell, writing and grammar.
- Introduction to letter sounds, alphabet identification, and reading basic words
- Phonemic awareness activities
- Interactive games and worksheets to reinforce phonics concepts
- Word building and decoding exercises
- Reading comprehension strategies
- Listening and speaking skills through story narration
- Vocabulary building through story themes
- Group discussions and role-playing activities
Music and Singing
- Learning new vocabulary through sing-along songs
- Basic music theory and concepts
- Exploring different music genres
- Group and solo singing performances
- Educational games and activities
- Creative problem solving
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Hands-on experiential learning
Show and Tell
- Building confidence in public speaking
- Developing communication skills
- Learning to express ideas and opinions
- Show and tell presentations on various themes
Writing and Grammar
- Developing writing & handwriting skills
- Basic Grammar Rules (Tenses, Singular/Plural, etc.)
- Writing Skills (Sentence Construction, Paragraph Writing, etc.)
- Spelling and Punctuation
All classes will have elements of the subjects above related to the weekly theme and letter.
- Classes will run from December 2023 - January 2024
- Each class will be 3 hours long
- Classes will be held everyday (Monday - Friday)
- A maximum of 6 students per class